Friday, August 1, 2008

What a week!

WOW! I finally have a second to sit down & write about everything that has happened this week!

To start, I was already behind doing orders of letters because I got 22 in 2 weeks!!!! Good news for me but I was a little overwhelmed! So I had a big week planned doing letters all week but that changed with the most random phone call of my life.

I had my information posted on a website for looking for a tutor/babysitter/nanny before we moved here & I haven't had anyone say anything so I completely forgot until sunday afternoon I was sitting around doing nothing & a guy calls who can speak broken english & asks for Ashley the english teacher. I hung up causeI thought he has the wrong number. He calls back & speaks more clearly, He is a member of the Taiwanese Air Force that is stationed here at Luke & his cousins are visiting from Taiwan & need help with english. I told him I didn't speak chinese but he said that they could understand me so I agreed to meet with them to see what I really needed to do. When they got there, It was an 18yr old boy & a 16yr old girl who failed their english in school & in order to get into college you need to know english so I basically had to help them put the words that they know into sentences that make sense to you & I... Sounds like fun right? Except I have them from 9-12 & 2-3 Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri. I ran out of stuff to do Tuesday around 10! I have gone through my teaching supplies to see what it says about teaching an ESL student & it's different than teaching say someone who speaks spanish... I can't figure out how to communicate with them. He can speak well but she can't understand me... It's been an interesting week but I guess I am helping because they want me again next week... It's pretty good money ($250 a week) & it's not really hard so I guess I can't complain... It'll also look good on a resume...
On top of that- I have been watching that little boy Brok's age but this week she didn't need me til Thurs... & so this is how my schedule went! Wake up @ 630, make Kevin's lunch, eat breakfast, get ready, get brok up, get him ready & breakfast, go pick up Lucas (the boy) watch him for 2hrs, scramble over to pick up the Taiwanese kids, figure out what to do with them for 3hrs, drop them off, run home eat, pick them up again do something retarded for an hour, come home, paint letters til 10 & go to sleep!!! AHHHHH!!! What a crazy week...

& on top of that, we decided we wanted another puppy or dog so we searched for a long time & on Monday found the cutest dog ever! He is a mix of a schnauzer, dauschound (sp) & something else but he is small & long & super cute! The best part is that he doesn't shed!!! YAY! His name is Torpedo, Pedey for short & he is super good! He only barks when he is rough housing, knows lay down, no & outside & is already potty trained with the dog door (for the most part) He is 4 mo old & he fits. He is a goof ball, he sleeps on his back with his head on one of our pillows just like a human! We love him & brok does too!

So besides that, nothing else exciting is going on... We ar getting Patches shaved tomorrow & both Zumi & her groomed which is awesomE! Brok's therapy is helping him a lot & I am just getting BIG! I need to get a picture but I never think about it til late at night! I only have about 9wks left (ok 11 technically but Brok came 2wks early & was HUGE so let's pray 9 or less!) & I can't wait... I hope he comes around the end of September...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

sorry about yesterday. I had to set my blog to private to get the invites to send to the emails I already had, and I forgot to set it back to open. Later that night, nobody had left their emails and I was trying to figure it out...then I realized I had locked everybody out.hahaha whoops!!!

Jessica said...

K- soooo sorry, you were suppose to be the first on the next batch of invites I was going to send out...but when I came back to finish that night I thought you were the last from the batch before. I'm glad you checked already though...so we can get it all worked out.
By the way, I got your email too, so if something doesn't work out you have the right one:)
Just barely sent it!

Jessica said...

Yes I finished and graduated with our class. It was tough, (taking breaks from class to pump in the restroom, etc). BUT I am so glad I did it. I was so lucky because my younger sister moved in with us as a surrogate mommy for McKenna- she was such a blessing.
Of course if they are younger they don't remember you were ever gone.